Updated: July 1, 2021
TruckLabs respects your concerns about the privacy of Personal Data you may share with us. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your Personal Data.
When We Collect Personal Data
We may collect Personal Data when you:
• Visit our website
• Visit our social media pages
• Visit our offices
• Contact us or when we communicate with you
• Purchase or subscribe to our products and services
• Use our products and services as a customer or an authorized user on behalf of a customer
Personal Data We Collect
We may collect the following types of Personal Data from customers, authorized users of our products and services, and others who interact with us.
• Contact Information: Including name, employer, job title or role, address, email address, and phone numbers.
• Account Information: Including username, password, and other credentials.
• Financial Information: Including bank and credit account information or other payment system information.
• User Information: Including login history, purchase history, communications, and preferences.
• Vehicle and Driver Behavior Information: Including vehicle travel history, geolocation, vehicle identification information, and vehicle operating characteristics.
• Publicly Available Information: Including information from social media platforms and apps.
• Automatically Collected Information: Including IP address, device identification, browser type and setting, system usage and settings, referring website addresses, geo location data, email tracking, browsing and content access activity on our websites.
Our website uses “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of data stored on a user’s device containing information about the user’s visit to a website. The cookies we use are of various types including:
• Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to track information about a user’s visit, including IP address, time and duration of website visit, pages viewed, visit source/referring site, and time zone. We use this information to administer and improve our website
• Functional Cookies: We use these cookies to keep track of logon IDs, system preferences, and tracking pages viewed.
• Cookies necessary for the performance and functioning of our website.
You can change the user settings in your browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your device.
Our website, products, and services are not directed to children. We do not intentionally collect Personal Data regarding children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that we have collected Personal Data of a child under the age of 16, please contact us and we will remove the Personal Data as appropriate.
How We Use Personal Data
We may use Personal Data that we collect or receive for the following purposes:
• To manage customer accounts
• To provide services and products
• To process and collect payments
• To communicate with you and provide customer support
• To communicate with you about new products and services
• To support, develop, and improve our website, products and services
• To perform data analytics to analyze trends and assess and improve our website, products, and services
• To address fraud, security, or technical issues
• Complying with legal obligations
• For evaluation, negotiation, and implementation of changes in ownership such as mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, bankruptcy, and sale of assets
How We Share Personal Data
We may share Personal Data as follows:
• Service Providers: We may at times contract with service providers for services such as data processing, IT and system administration, data hosting and processing, credit card processing, research and analytics, marketing, shipping providers, and customer support for the purposes and pursuant to the legal bases described above.
• Payment Transaction Processors: We may share your Personal Data with financial institutions and payment transaction processors to the extent this is necessary for processing payment for our products and services.
• Customers With Whom You Are Affiliated: If you use our products or services as an authorized user, we may share your Personal Data with the customer responsible for your access to the services to the extent this is necessary for providing our products and services, verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, or enforcing our terms and policies.
• Professional Advisers: In individual instances, we may share Personal Data with professional advisers such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers.
• Third Parties Involved in a Corporate Transaction: We may share Personal Data with a third party if we are involved in a merger, reorganization, dissolution or other corporate change, or if some or all of our business, assets or stock are acquired by a third party.
• To Governmental Authorities, Courts, and Regulators: We may share Personal Data with government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws.
How Long We Keep Personal Data
We may retain Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection or as long as required to fulfill our legal obligations.
Security of Personal Data
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, and inappropriate access. We use generally accepted data security practices such as firewalls and encryption. While we follow generally accepted standards to protect Personal Data, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. Customers and their fleet drivers should protect account credentials and safeguard access to our products and services.
899 Arguello St. Suite A
Redwood City, CA 94063